Adis is an independent and reputable publisher with a large international readership of healthcare practitioners, researchers and decision makers with an interest in drugs and related areas, including drug delivery mechanisms and diagnostic interventions. Whether you are submitting a journal article or a book manuscript, Adis offers expert guidance and personalized support, and your published work will be highly discoverable on Springer Nature's global content platforms. The reputation of our journals and our author-friendly processes mean that many authors repeatedly return to our journals when seeking a publication vehicle for their work.
Benefits of publishing with Adis
We understand the needs of authors and researchers involved in drug development, and we offer a rapid and responsive personal service to ensure the right home for all scientifically sound content.
Adis has more than 40 years’ experience in publishing medical journals with a reputation for excellence
- Most Adis journals are PubMed- or Medline-indexed, and all offer open access publishing options
- Adis content benefits from the superior search engine optimization and semantic linking afforded by Springer Nature's global content platforms
Large and global readership
- Adis journals are available via Springer Nature subscriptions to thousands of institutions worldwide
- Open access content is available to anyone in the world, also on the Springer Nature platform
- Readership comprises healthcare practitioners, researchers and decision makers with an interest in drugs or other therapeutic / diagnostic interventions and healthcare outcomes
- All Adis journals offer efficient publication timelines, with different options available through our Premier Journals, VIP service and Rapid+ service
Flexible publishing options
- All articles are published with a bulleted summary (available as a slide in the Rapid+ journals) to encourage access to a wider readership
- Additional enhanced features, such as slide decks, animations, videos and audio slides, can be published alongside the article, and all are peer reviewed to the same high standards as the parent paper
- All Adis subscription titles offer open access publication at the author’s choice, and we offer a fully open access portfolio of 14 titles covering many therapeutic areas
- Submissions of positive, negative and confirmatory studies welcomed
Personalized author support
- Pre-submission inquiries are welcomed and expert editorial assistance will be provided throughout the publication process
- Cascading peer review encouraged – our Editors are happy to discuss a manuscript and identify the perfect vehicle for any scientifically sound article
- A wealth of resources are available on springer.com including manuscript guidelines, journal selection tools and AuthorZone
Independent and unbiased
- All submissions are subject to a thorough editorial process to ensure that all Adis-published content is scientifically sound and relevant to our readers. Our editorial boards comprise globally recognised experts in relevant fields. Read more about this process here.
- Adis endorses ICMJE / WAME/ COPE guidelines and codes of conduct for journal Editors, and encourages authors of sponsored research to comply with Good Publication Practice (GPP). All submissions are subject to peer review.
Adis Premier Journals
An exceptional portfolio of internationally peer-reviewed journals focusing on definitive reviews and original research in biomedical and pharmaceutical sciences. Adis Premier Journals publish essential reading for healthcare specialists and researchers with a focus on drugs, devices and other interventions. The journals command a large global readership, high impact factors and discoverability. Adis Premier Journals offer competitive publication timelines, Springer electronic supplementary material, Springer OpenChoice or open access options, and accelerated publication by prior arrangement.
- Premier journals provide peer review in 4-6 weeks and bring your article from acceptance to publication in 3-4 weeks
- Adis VIP Service available, designed to bring your article from submission to publication in just 30 days
- Many of our journals are leaders in their respective fields, including PharmacoEconomics, Clinical Pharmacokinetics and Drug Safety
- Our journal Editors provide expert presubmission technical feedback on all manuscripts to ensure you target the most suitable journal for your work
- Full range of electronic supplementary material as provided by Springer: including videos, slide decks, large original data, etc.
- Springer OpenChoice and open access options ensure increased visibility. Your article is freely available online.
Adis Rapid+ Journals
A unique portfolio of internationally peer-reviewed, therapy-area focused journals covering drugs, devices and other therapeutic or diagnostic interventions. Adis Rapid+ Journals are dedicated to rapid and fully open access publication of clinically relevant research, accepting original research, reviews, case reports and short communications. Adis Rapid+ Journals offer highly competitive publication timelines, with enhanced features to facilitate reader understanding.
- The Rapid+ service ensures peer review of 2 weeks, and 3-4 weeks from acceptance to publication.
- Bulleted summary slide: Accompanies every article online to encourage access to a wider readership.
- Enhanced article options: Videos, slide decks, animations, audio slides. All are peer reviewed to the same high standard as the paper. Full disclosures are included on every enhanced feature.
- Personal service for all authors: Our team can style and submit a manuscript on the authors' behalf. All manuscripts are assigned a personal contact on submission to ensure a timely, personalized and responsive service. Every article receives a comprehensive technical edit from our team of medical editors, to ensure a consistent, data-accurate finished product. Post publication, authors are given social media guidance to maximise the impact of their work.
- Open access opportunities: This ensures increased visibility. Your article is freely available to everyone, everywhere.
Adis VIP Service
Submission to publication in 30 days
The Adis VIP Service is available for manuscripts being submitted to Adis Premier Journals and offers accelerated publication by prior arrangement. Our in-house Adis VIP Service staff will escort you through each step, providing full support to guide your article from submission to publication in just 30 days*. You can learn more about the journals offering this service here.
Pre-submission assessment: confirms suitability for the target journal and then develops a customised publication timeline for your article.
Accelerated publication: 30 days from submission to publication. This includes:
- 10-day peer review
- Additional resources allocated to expedite in-house processes
- 1 week for authors to respond to peer review comments
- 24 hours for other required author tasks such as review of page proofs
- If requested, DOI assigned within 48 hours of the paper being accepted for publication
Timely peer review: the Adis VIP Service provides the same rigorous peer review as is conducted for papers submitted via the standard Adis Premier Journal pathway (see below).
Personal service for authors: personal Adis VIP Service support from a dedicated journal staff member is provided at every step.
Open access opportunities: you have the option to select open access publication of your article in the Adis Premier Journals, to make your article freely available to a global audience.
Additional information: contact Jo Grant at email@example.com or Caroline Halford at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
* A processing fee of €12,000 (US$14,000) applies to all papers published using the Adis VIP Service. There is no fee for rejected manuscripts.
Adis Premier Journals
The Adis Premier journals offer competitive publication timelines, bringing your paper from submission to online publication in as little as 7 weeks. Peer review turnaround is 4-6 weeks and acceptance to online publication in 3-4 weeks. You can learn more about our Premier journals here.
Adis Rapid+ Journals
The Adis Rapid+ journals offer publication in 4-6 weeks, with a peer review turnaround within 2 weeks and acceptance to online publication in 3-4 weeks. Our rapid turnaround times are not at the expense of a thorough peer review, but rather a compressed in-house production time post review. Our compressed timelines are aided by our author concierge service, with a dedicated personal contact assigned to each paper. You can learn more about our Rapid+ journals here.
Adis, a highly respected publisher of information on drugs for over 40 years and now part of Springer Nature - the world’s number one eBook publisher - publishes all types of books on drugs and related areas, including other therapeutic or diagnostic interventions. Significant benefits to authors and editors of Adis books include:
Visibility and global reach
- Standardized workflows and the latest technologies ensure smooth publication process with a short time to market
- Adis books are included in Springer eBook subscriptions to thousands of institutions worldwide, facilitating a global distribution. Partners include Google, Amazon, eBook readers (e.g. iPad®) & traditional retailers.
- Springer Nature platform search engine optimization and semantic linking improves discoverability of your book and individual chapters within.
- Adis books are available in several formats: eBook, traditional print and MyCopy. Hardcopies of books are digitally printed to order - your book will never be out of print.
- Dedicated promotional pages on Springer.com
- Individual downloadable product flyers
- New Book Alerts to thousands of subscribers
Expert guidance and personalized support
- Expert Adis Editors advise and consult from concept stage through to publication
- Manuscript guidelines, templates and search engine optimization tips are provided to all authors and editors of Adis books, along with tips for marketing yourself and your work. You can also submit a video about your book through SpringerVideos.
- You are provided with annual performance reports on eBook usage & homepage view, and receive a lifetime discount of 40% on all Springer books!