Emission Control Science and Technology is a forum for publication of the latest research on control of emissions from mobile and stationary sources. Papers are also welcome on various aspects of development and technology. The investigation may be experimental, theoretical, or computational.
Articles must survive rigorous peer review before they are considered for publication. Examples of topics that may appear in the journal include:
- Emission control in mobile (road, land, sea, air) and stationary (e.g. power generation, industrial processes) applications.
- Materials for and formulations of novel substrates and catalysts, such as those used in Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC), Three Way Catalysts (TWC), Diesel Particulate Filters (DPF), Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR), Lean NOx Trap (LNT), combined catalysts (e.g. DPF+SCR or DPF+LNT in one substrate), slip catalysts, or reformer catalysts.
- Performance of emission control system components such as sensors, injectors for fuel and reducing species, exhaust inserts and mixers, etc.
- Effects of operational parameters (e.g. flow, temperature, species concentration) and design approaches (sizing, layout, insulation, etc) on regulated and unregulated emissions and emission control system efficiency and performance.
- Basic and applied research on specific components (e.g. nanoparticles, N2O and other non-regulated pollutants) of emissions and their mitigation.
System considerations such as engine-out to tailpipe efficiency, optimization, PGM management, and formation of secondary species.
- Studies on CO2 (or other greenhouse gases such as N2O) from combustion or non-combustion sources: Strategies or mitigations to control, reduce, utilize or manage
- Engines, combustion, fuels, or lubricants as they would affect emission reduction technologies or post combustion processes.
- Testing, durability and compliance such as cycles, certification, aging, NVH, in-field (on-vehicle) performance and analysis, and in-use compliance.
Analysis of current and future emission regulations (including those in the developing world).
- Biological and environmental effects of emission control technologies.
The only forum devoted solely to Emission Control Science and Technology.
Competing publications are either in a different area [catalysis or environmental science] or are not peer-reviewed.
Balanced mixture of rapid communications, research papers, and review articles.
Broad appeal: market includes industry, government, and academia.
- Mansour Masoudi,
- Athanasios Konstandopoulos
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 79 days
- Submission to first decision
- 172 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 37,332 (2019)
Experimental Investigation of the Effect of Pore Size Distribution on Nano-particle Capture Efficiency Within Ceramic Particulate Filters
Application of a Diffusion Charger to Quantify Real-Time Particle Emissions from Light-Duty Vehicles: a Comparison Study with a Particle Size Spectrometer
Authors (first, second and last of 5)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EI Compendex
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Agricultural & Environmental Science Database
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Engineering
- ProQuest Environmental Science
- ProQuest Materials Science and Engineering Database
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Semantic Scholar
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)