This peer-reviewed journal, established in 1973 and owned by the Associazione Amici di Economia e Politica Industriale, focuses on firm and industrial organization, innovation, technological change, internationalization, new industries, regulation and industrial policy.
It publishes research papers in economics and management that display a sound theoretical background and rigorous (quantitative and qualitative) methodology, as well as case studies and experimental and mixed method studies. Occasionally, the journal publishes symposia and qualified surveys documenting the state of the art in special topics.
The journal appeals to scholars, decision-makers, and economists in private and public institutions and encourages submissions dealing with the structure, evolution, and institutional aspects of industries. Firm-level and sectoral-level analyses are most welcome, while the geographic scope may vary from subnational regions to nations, with specific attention to Europe.
The major topics are: industrial organization and policy; innovation, entrepreneurship, and industrial dynamics; international economics and business; firm strategy and organization; infrastructures, networks, and regulation; institutions and competition policy; small business; corporate governance and finance; regional development, industrial districts, and economic geography; creative and cultural industries; and environment, sustainability, and socially oriented firms.
- Presents research into firm and industrial organization, innovation, technological change, internationalization, and new industries
- Focuses especially on the structure, evolution, and institutional aspects of industries
- Includes analyses of regulation and industrial policy
- Ranked by the Association of Business Schools’ Academic Journal Guide 2018
- CiteScore 2018: 0.97 (#55/202 in 'Economics, Econometrics and Finance'; #94/196 in 'Business, Management and Accounting')
- Carlo Cambini,
- Massimo G. Colombo,
- Lucia Piscitello,
- Laura Rondi,
- Antonello Zanfei
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 64 days
- Submission to first decision
- 132 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 23,246 (2019)
Andrea Coveri - University of Urbino “Carlo Bo”
Dario Guarascio - Sapienza University of Rome
Michael Landesmann - Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies (wiiw)
Deadline for submissions: May 31st 2020
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- ABS Academic Journal Quality Guide
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest ABI/INFORM
- ProQuest Business Premium Collection
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Research Papers in Economics (RePEc)