The official English journal of the Japanese Association of Anatomists, Anatomical Science International (formerly titled Kaibogaku Zasshi) publishes original research articles dealing with morphological sciences.
Coverage in the journal includes molecular, cellular, histological and gross anatomical studies on humans and on normal and experimental animals, as well as functional morphological, biochemical, physiological and behavioral studies if they include morphological analysis.
Online publication of color illustrations is free of charge. As of 2018, there is no charge for color in print.
- The official English journal of the Japanese Association of Anatomists
- Publishes original research articles dealing with morphological sciences in animals, with a primary focus on humans and other mammals (although exceptions may be considered by the editor for other animals)
- Features original research articles, case reports, method papers, review papers and miscellaneous items (letters to the editor, essays, book reviews, and commentaries)
- 100% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Aiji Ohtsuka
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Learn about publishing OA with us
- 1.512 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 1.443 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 42 days
- Submission to first decision
- 125 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 52,171 (2019)
Gross anatomical investigation of the muscular head between the vastus lateralis and intermedius in the Japanese population: a cadaver study
Authors (first, second and last of 9)
Roles of N-myc downstream-regulated gene 2 in the central nervous system: molecular basis and relevance to pathophysiology
Authors (first, second and last of 6)
The Japanese Association of Anatomists is an association of researchers, scholars, and professionals dedicated to the promotion and development of anatomical science.
The society was founded in 1928, making it one of the oldest academic societies in medicine in Japan.
The society is active through meetings, publications, and committees for education, science, and policy making. Its aim is to promote research in the anatomical sciences by encouraging communication among members and by contributing to the national and international scientific communities.
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Biological Abstracts
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Current Contents/ Life Sciences
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Advanced Placement Source
- EBSCO Biomedical Reference Collection
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO STM Source
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- Pathway Studio
- ProQuest Biological Science Database
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Health & Medical Collection
- ProQuest Health Research Premium Collection
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest Research Library
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- Semantic Scholar
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)