The official English journal of the Japanese Association of Anatomists, Anatomical Science International (formerly titled Kaibogaku Zasshi) publishes original research articles dealing with morphological sciences.
Coverage in the journal includes molecular, cellular, histological and gross anatomical studies on humans and on normal and experimental animals, as well as functional morphological, biochemical, physiological and behavioral studies if they include morphological analysis.
Online publication of color illustrations is free of charge. As of 2018, there is no charge for color in print.
- The official English journal of the Japanese Association of Anatomists
- Publishes original research articles dealing with morphological sciences in animals, with a primary focus on humans and other mammals (although exceptions may be considered by the editor for other animals)
- Features original research articles, case reports, method papers, review papers and miscellaneous items (letters to the editor, essays, book reviews, and commentaries)
- 100% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Aiji Ohtsuka
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 1.566 (2018)
- Impact factor
- 1.106 (2018)
- Five year impact factor
- 31 days
- Submission to first decision
- 127 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 44,129 (2018)