Palaeobiodiversity and Palaeoenvironments is an international journal providing a multidisciplinary approach in the fields of Palaeobiodiversity, Palaeoenvironments, and Palaeobiogeography in Earth History. It is a relaunch of the well-known "Senckenbergiana lethaea" and incorporates peer-reviewed original research, review papers and short notes spanning a broad scope of subject matter. Its principal fields of interest are biodiversity of fossil organisms and their palaeoenvironment, comparison of modern and ancient sedimentary environments, palaeoecology, and palaeobiogeography.
Coverage includes systematic studies of all fossil animal / plant groups with a special focus on palaeoenvironmental investigations; palaeoecosystems and climate changes in Earth's history; environment-organism interaction; comparison of modern and ancient sedimentary environments; palaeoecology and palaeobiogeography.
Please note: The journal uses software to screen submitted manuscripts for plagiarism.
5-Year Impact Factor: 1.343 (2018)
Journal Citation Reports®,Clarivate Analytics
- Takes a multidisciplinary approach to palaeobiodiversity
- Focuses on changes in ecosystems and climate in Earth's history, interaction of environments and organisms
- Compares modern and ancient sedimentary environments
- Color in print free of charge. No page charges.
- 5-Year Impact Factor: 1.343 (2018), Journal Citation Reports®, Clarivate Analytics
- Peter Königshof
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 1.070 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 1.343 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 63 days
- Downloads: 32,881 (2018)