Food and Bioprocess Technology provides an effective and timely platform for cutting-edge high quality original papers in the engineering and science of all types of food processing technologies, from the original food supply source to the consumer’s dinner table. It aims to be a leading international journal for the multidisciplinary agri-food research community.
The journal focuses especially on experimental or theoretical research findings that have the potential for helping the agri-food industry to improve process efficiency, enhance product quality and, extend shelf-life of fresh and processed agri-food products. The editors present critical reviews on new perspectives to established processes, innovative and emerging technologies, and trends and future research in food and bioproducts processing. The journal also publishes short communications for rapidly disseminating preliminary results, letters to the Editor on recent developments and controversy, and book reviews.
- Covers technologies for ripeness, quality, damage and disease assessment and prediction; Grading and classification techniques; postharvest treatments, value-addition, and traceability
- Examines processing technologies for agricultural and horticultural products; explores properties of foods and agricultural products
- Reviews sensors, sensing technology and process control
- Focuses on research findings that have the potential for helping the agri-food industry to improve
- 95% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Da-Wen Sun
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 3.032 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 3.449 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 23 days
- Acceptance to publication: 13 days
- Downloads: 276,357 (2018)