ZDM is one of the oldest mathematics education research journals in publication. The journal surveys, discusses, and builds upon current research and theoretical-based perspectives in mathematics education. In addition, it serves as a forum for critical analysis of issues within the field.
All the papers published in the journal's seven annual themed issues are strictly by invitation. These papers are subject to an internal peer review by selected members from the editorial board as well as an external review by invited experts. The journal targets readers from around the world in mathematics education research who are interested in current developments in the field.
- Surveys, discusses, and builds upon current research and theoretical-based perspectives in mathematics education
- Publishes invitation-only papers in seven annual themed issues
- One of the oldest mathematics education research journals in publication
- Serves as a forum for critical analysis of issues within the field
- 100% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Gabriele Kaiser
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Submission to first decision: 76 days
- Acceptance to publication: 6 days
- Downloads: 243,533 (2018)