The Journal of Failure Analysis and Prevention (JFAP) presents information gathering techniques, technical analysis, and emerging tools that assist failure analysis professionals in determining the cause of failures and eliminating failures in the future. Uniquely, this publication contains current news and technical articles, as well as archival peer-reviewed papers and reviews.
Articles demonstrate the importance of failure analysis to product/performance improvements and industrial problem solving. JFAP benefits both the experienced and less experienced failure analysis practitioner with a focus on shared interest across the industries.
The journal is written for and read by individuals involved in failure analysis, materials scientists, and mechanical, manufacturing, aeronautical, civil, chemical, corrosion, and design engineers.
A journal of ASM International, The Materials Information Society.
- Provides practical information for determining the cause of failures and eliminating future failures
- Highlights information-gathering techniques, technical analysis and emerging tools to assist the future analyst
- Peer-reviewed articles demonstrate the important of failure analysis, product/performance improvement and industrial problem solving
- 100% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Michael Stevenson
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 164,423 (2020)
An Investigation of the Formation of Crack-Like Intergranular Fissures in 7000 Series Aluminum by Grain Boundary Galvanic Corrosion
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
A Drainpipe Leakage Caused by Under-Deposit Corrosion in a Gas–Steam Turbine Combined Cycle Power Plant
Authors (first, second and last of 10)
Elaeocarpus Seed Extraction and Their Impact as a Corrosion Inhibitor for Mild Steel Submerged in HCl Wash Solution: Insight from Experimental, Mathematical, and Theoretical Views
Dr. Michael E. Stevenson, editor of the Journal of Failure Analysis and Prevention (JFAP), announced that the JFAP Volume 19 Best Paper is “Preload from Tightening and Removal Torque” by Daniel P. Hess. The winning article was published in the August 2019 issue of JFAP.
Free to access exceptional articles chosen by the Editor-in-Chief
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Learn more about the many benefits of joining the Failure Analysis Society (FAS)!
About this journal
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Engineering Source
- EBSCO STM Source
- EI Compendex
- Emerging Sources Citation Index
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Civil Engineering Abstracts
- ProQuest Engineered Materials Abstracts
- ProQuest Engineering
- ProQuest METADEX (Metals Abstracts)
- ProQuest Materials Business File
- ProQuest Materials Science and Engineering Database
- ProQuest Mechanical and Transportation Engineering Abstracts
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Semantic Scholar
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)