The Journal of Failure Analysis and Prevention (JFAP) presents information gathering techniques, technical analysis, and emerging tools that assist failure analysis professionals in determining the cause of failures and eliminating failures in the future. Uniquely, this publication contains current news and technical articles, as well as archival peer-reviewed papers and reviews.
Articles demonstrate the importance of failure analysis to product/performance improvements and industrial problem solving. JFAP benefits both the experienced and less experienced failure analysis practitioner with a focus on shared interest across the industries.
The journal is written for and read by individuals involved in failure analysis, materials scientists, and mechanical, manufacturing, aeronautical, civil, chemical, corrosion, and design engineers.
A journal of ASM International, The Materials Information Society.
- Provides practical information for determining the cause of failures and eliminating future failures
- Highlights information-gathering techniques, technical analysis and emerging tools to assist the future analyst
- Peer-reviewed articles demonstrate the important of failure analysis, product/performance improvement and industrial problem solving
- 100% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Michael Stevenson
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 109,999 (2018)