Service Business presents the most advanced business research on the service sector. International and multidisciplinary in approach, the journal investigates both the profit and non-profit areas of the service sector.
Authors share their experiences in developing, implementing, and evaluating their business decisions and strategies. Moreover, they explore not only the latest research and methodologies in the field, but also examine the theoretical and managerial implications and future research opportunities in the service sector.
The editorial review board, consisting of leading international scholars and practitioners, ensures top-quality content. Readers will find rigorous conceptual and empirical papers, practice-oriented papers, teaching-oriented papers, case studies, book reviews, conference reports, and periodic special issues.
Officially cited as: Serv Bus
- Presents the most advanced business research on the service sector, addressing both non-profit and profit organizations
- Sets forth experiences in developing, implementing, and evaluating business decisions and strategies
- Examines theoretical and managerial implications of current research and future research opportunities
- Sang M Lee
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 2.293 (2018)
- Impact factor
- 2.140 (2018)
- Five year impact factor
- 36 days
- Submission to first decision
- 8 days
- Acceptance to publication
- 76,818 (2018)