Research in Science Education is an international journal publishing and promoting scholarly science education research of interest to a wide group of people. The journal examines early childhood, primary, secondary, tertiary, workplace, and informal learning as they relate to science education.
In publishing scholarly articles, RISE is looking for articulation of the principles and practices used by scholars to make valid claims about the world and their critique of such claims. Publishing such work is important as it makes these principles and practices known to the scholarly community so that they can be considered, debated, judged, and accepted, rejected or reframed. Importantly, these principles and practices must be constantly advancing in ways that allow our knowledge to advance within the field. In looking for works to publish, RISE will seek articles that advance our knowledge in science education research rather than reproducing what we already know.
Research can take many forms, quantitative, qualitative and mixed methods to name a few. RISE is interested in producing valid and trustworthy research that takes on a variety of forms and embraces new capabilities at hand, particularly around new technologies. Innovative practices and how these relate to science education will be at the forefront of our thinking in RISE.
Scholarly works of interest need to encompass the wide diversity of readership. RISE is the journal associated with the Australasian Science Education Research Association (ASERA), one of the oldest such association in the world. With ASERA’s history from a colonial western tradition, combined with its location within the highly productive and exciting Asian region, the membership of ASERA and the readership of RISE spans the globe and cultural perspectives. Hence, the scholarly works of interest published within RISE need to reflect this diversity. Additionally, they must also include a diversity of form. So, RISE will continue to review articles, editorials, book reviews, and other material deemed appropriate by the Editors.
- Examines early childhood, primary, secondary, tertiary, workplace, and informal learning as they relate to science education
- Features broad scope in both methodology and content
- Encourages papers based on innovative methods
- Explores relevant aspects of information technology education and design technology education
- 96% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Angela Fitzgerald,
- Kim Nichols
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 2.248 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 2.116 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 28 days
- Submission to first decision
- 233 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 278,689 (2019)
Authors (first, second and last of 5)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
RISE has the ability to publish Special Issues with the maximum being one per year. It is expected that the guest editor(s) of with a potential special issue in mind will submit a proposal to the co-editors of RISE who will consult with the Editorial Board in a decision-making process. More...
For editors and reviewers to accurately assess the work presented in your manuscript you need to ensure the English language is of sufficient quality to be understood.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Astrophysics Data System (ADS)
- Current Contents / Social & Behavioral Sciences
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Education Research Complete
- EBSCO Education Source
- ERIH PLUS
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Journal Citation Reports/Social Sciences Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies & Aerospace Database
- ProQuest Agricultural & Environmental Science Database
- ProQuest Biological Science Database
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Earth, Atmospheric & Aquatic Science Database
- ProQuest Engineering
- ProQuest Environmental Science
- ProQuest Materials Science and Engineering Database
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Social Science Citation Index
- UGC-CARE List (India)