Aims and scope
Pharmaceutical Research, an official journal of the American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists, is committed to publishing novel research that is mechanism-based, hypothesis-driven and addresses significant issues in drug discovery, development and regulation. Current areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
- (pre)formulation engineering and processing
- computational biopharmaceutics
- drug delivery and targeting
- molecular biopharmaceutics and drug disposition (including cellular and molecular pharmacology)
- pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics and pharmacogenetics
Research may involve nonclinical and clinical studies, and utilize both in vitro and in vivo approaches. Studies on small drug molecules, pharmaceutical solid materials (including biomaterials, polymers and nanoparticles) biotechnology products (including genes, peptides, proteins and vaccines), and genetically engineered cells are welcome.
Pharmaceutical Research publishes twelve issues a year.