The Journal of Molecular Modeling focuses on "hardcore" modeling, publishing high-quality research and reports. Founded in 1995 as a purely electronic journal, it has adapted its format to include a full-color print edition, and adjusted its aims and scope fit the fast-changing field of molecular modeling, with a particular focus on three-dimensional modeling.
Today, the journal covers all aspects of molecular modeling including life science modeling; materials modeling; new methods; and computational chemistry.
Topics include computer-aided molecular design; rational drug design, de novo ligand design, receptor modeling and docking; cheminformatics, data analysis, visualization and mining; computational medicinal chemistry; homology modeling; simulation of peptides, DNA and other biopolymers; quantitative structure-activity relationships (QSAR) and ADME-modeling; modeling of biological reaction mechanisms; and combined experimental and computational studies in which calculations play a major role.
Cover : The cover design is based on graphics designed and computed by Prof. J. Brickmann, Molcad GmbH, Darmstadt, Germany.
- Covers all aspects of molecular modeling and its application
- Focuses on "hardcore" modeling, publishing high-quality research and reports
- Topics include life science modeling; materials modeling; new methods; and computational chemistry
- Timothy Clark
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available.
- 1.335 (2018)
- Impact factor
- 1.423 (2018)
- Five year impact factor
- 36 days
- Submission to first decision
- 21 days
- Acceptance to publication
- 241,371 (2018)