This international English-language journal offers an interdisciplinary forum for the scientific exchange between research and hospital. Coverage includes surveys and original papers on diagnostics and therapy. In addition to classic orthopedic traumatology all related fields are considered: critical care medicine, neurotraumatology, new materials, tissue engineering, and more.
The European Journal of Trauma and Emergency Surgery is the official publication of the European Society for Trauma and Emergency Surgery (ESTES).
Incorporating the International Journal of Disaster Medicine.
- Now indexed in PubMed/Medline! All EJTES articles as of 2007 now available in PubMed!
- An interdisciplinary forum for scientific exchange between researchers and practitioners
- Covers orthopedic traumatology and related fields, including critical care medicine, neurotraumatology, new materials, tissue engineering, and more
- Includes surveys and original papers on diagnostics and therapy
- Official publication of the European Trauma Society
- 100% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Ingo Marzi
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 2.139 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 1.969 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 46 days
- Submission to first decision
- 125 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 180,231 (2019)
Comparing unbalanced and balanced ratios of blood products in massive transfusion to pediatric trauma patients: effects on mortality and outcomes
Authors (first, second and last of 7)
Reconstruction of motorcycle spokes wheel injury fingertip amputations with reposition flap technique: a report of 40 cases
Does the magnitude of injuries affect the outcome of proximal humerus fractures treated by locked plating (PHILOS)?
Authors (first, second and last of 6)
Factors with the strongest prognostic value associated with in-hospital mortality rate among patients operated for acute subdural and epidural hematoma
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Please submit your articles to European Journal of Trauma and Emergency Surgery using the Editorial Manager page:
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- EBSCO CINAHL
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Health & Medical Collection
- ProQuest Health Research Premium Collection
- ProQuest Medical Database
- ProQuest Nursing & Allied Health Database
- ProQuest Pharma Collection
- ProQuest Research Library
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- Semantic Scholar
- UGC-CARE List (India)