Continuous Article Publishing
As of 2020, Plant Systematics and Evolution has changed its publication structure from paginated issues to a consecutive publishing model: Continuous Article Publishing.
This means that papers are published in a volume/issue immediately after acceptance. As a further aspect of the new system, articles are no longer paginated sequentially by issue. Therefore, every article starts with page number 1. Page numbers are not used for article citation but every article has a citation ID number, called the ArticleCitationID. The ArticleCitationID is replacing the page numbers in the citation line.
Example: Plant Syst Evol (2020) 306: 123
This method of citation is accepted by the Web of Science/Journal Citation Reports (ISI).
As a result, all articles will have their full and final citation information available as soon as the production process is complete. This change will not affect the production time from acceptance to online publication of an article, but since the articles will be published online immediately in their final form, the overall publication time for articles will become shorter.
Plant Systematics and Evolution is an international journal dedicated to publication of original papers, reviews, new methods and resources, short communications and special thematic issues on plant systematics in the broadest sense. The journal aims to bridge the specific subject areas in plant systematics and evolution, encompassing evolutionary, phylogenetic, genomic and biogeographical studies. Taxonomic emphasis is on all land plant groups including fungi and lichens.
Fields of interest: plant systematics and taxonomy, plant evolution, biodiversity, genetics, genome evolution, comparative and evolutionary genomics, genome sequencing, bioinformatics, population genetics, reproductive biology, ecology, biogeography, palaeobotany, ultrastructure, cytology, anatomy, palynology, and plant development.
Plant Systematics and Evolution publishes original articles, review articles, invited review articles, and short communications. The journal does not levy page charges and provides free color in print.
- Dedicated to publishing original papers, reviews and special thematic issues in the broad field of plant systematics and evolution
- Coverage includes plant systematics and phylogenetics, plant genome evolution and biodiversity, plant development, bioinformatics, genomics, population genetics, and more
- Editor-in-Chiefs: Marcus Koch, Martin A. Lysak and Karol Marhold
- Marcus Koch,
- Martin A. Lysak,
- Karol Marhold
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 1.328 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 1.273 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 67 days
- Submission to first decision
- 193 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 152,257 (2019)
Authors (first, second and last of 6)
This is part of 1 collection:
Phylogeographic investigation of Elaeagnus mollis revealed potential glacial refugia and allopatric divergence in central China
Authors (first, second and last of 8)
The identity of Drimia purpurascens, with a new nomenclatural and taxonomic approach to the “Drimia undata” group (Hyacinthaceae = Asparagaceae subfam. Scilloideae)
Interfamilial relationships in order Fabales: new insights from the nuclear regions sqd1 and 26S rDNA
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Learn more about our editorial team!
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Biological Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Current Contents/ Agriculture, Biology & Environmental Sciences
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Elsevier Biobase
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- Pathway Studio
- ProQuest Agricultural & Environmental Science Database
- ProQuest Biological Science Database
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- UGC-CARE List (India)
- Zoological Record