The journal Bioprocess and Biosystems Engineering is an international peer-reviewed forum for discussion between engineering and biological science to find efficient solutions in the development and improvement of bioprocesses. The journal focuses attention on multidisciplinary approaches for integrative bioprocess design. Coverage includes rational manipulation of biosystems through metabolic engineering techniques to provide new biocatalysts. The journal examines model-based design of bioprocesses, such as up-stream processing, bioreactor operation and downstream processing, leading to new and sustainable production processes.
The journal offers new approaches for design of cellular systems, taking into account the environment and constraints of technical production processes, integration of recombinant technology and process design, as well as bioinformatics and process systems engineering.
The journal publishes original papers, short communications and invited reviews.
- Reviews multidisciplinary approaches for integrative bioprocess design
- Takes into account the environment and constraints of technical production processes
- Publishes original papers, short communications and invited reviews
- 98% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Dirk Weuster-Botz
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 2.371 (2018)
- Impact factor
- 2.277 (2018)
- Five year impact factor
- 179,785 (2018)