We are increasingly no longer in a world where digital technology and media is separate, virtual, 'other' to a 'natural' human and social life, and education is often at the forefront of these trends. Journals engaged with technology and education tend to view the research field as concerned with the 'effects' of digital media and other technologies on the existing activities of teaching, learning in education, thus continuing to assume a clear division between an authentic educational practice and the imposition of an external, and novel, technology. However, during the past years, we are witnessing a rapid growth in number of academic books and articles dealing (explicitly and implicitly) with education and research in and for the postdigital age. Postdigital Science and Education fills the gap in the scholarly community as the first academic journal in education, as well as in the humanities and the social sciences, with an explicit focus to postdigital themes and research approaches. It is an exciting hub for a growing body of scholarship in the field and enables communication, dissemination, and community building for researchers, authors, and students. If you have any questions about the journal and how to submit, please contact the EiC, Petar Jandric, at email@example.com.
- Fills a gap in the scholarly community as the first academic journal in education with an explicit focus to postdigital themes and research approaches.
- Links various sub-disciplines of scholarship within education, the social sciences, and the humanities across the topic of digital technologies and postdigital being and knowledge.
- Focuses both on theory and practice and welcomes contributions from wide range of disciplines and research methodologies.
- Petar Jandrić
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 24 days
- Submission to first decision
- 66 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 96,783 (2019)
Authors (first, second and last of 84)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
In September 2019 Postdigital Science and Education has sponsored the Higher Education Institutional Research (HEIR) Conference 2019 ‘Measuring Excellence’ in Higher Education: Approaches and their Impact, and papers developed from selected conference presentations have been lined up for the Special Issue under the same title. The journal is now accepting papers for a special issue on this theme. More info...
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon