In 2017 the journal transitioned from an in-house publication to being published by Springer. Past issues of the journal are available at JSTOR.
The journal welcomes original submissions in all areas of empirical, applied and theoretical economics. All submissions will first be subject to desk review by the editors and if appropriate will be sent for peer review.
The editors of the journal may also commission policy briefs, special issues, and solicit book reviews from time to time.
- Presents scholarly articles on all areas of applied and theoretical economics
- Has over the years featured the work of leading economists including Nobel laureates.
- Contributors to IER include George Akerlof, Pranab Bardhan, Kaushik Basu, William Baumol, Jagdish Bhagwati, Sukhamoy Chakravarty, Mrinal Datta Chaudhuri, Harry Johnson, James Mirrlees, Lawrence Klein, Kala Krishna, Anne Krueger, A.L. Nagar, William Nordhaus, Prasanta Pattanaik, K.N. Raj, Joan Robinson, Amartya Sen, T N Srinivasan, Nicholas Stern, Suresh Tendulkar, Jan Tinbergen, James Tobin, Stephen Turnovsky, Thomas Weisskopf, to name a few
- Uday Bhanu Sinha
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 139 days
- Submission to first decision
- 170 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 2,088 (2018)
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- IFIS Publishing
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon