The Indian Economic Review is the journal of the Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics, India. Founded by V.K.R.V. Rao in 1952, the Indian Economic Review is a general economics journal. It provides a platform for dissemination of innovative research in economics that employs theoretical and empirical approaches. It has over the years featured the work of leading economists including Nobel laureates on a wide range of topics in economics. The objective of the journal is to publish high quality papers from contributors across the world, on substantive issues, that will have a lasting impact.
In 2017 the journal transitioned from an in-house publication to being published by Springer. Past issues of the journal are available at JSTOR.
The journal welcomes original submissions in all areas of empirical, applied and theoretical economics. All submissions are first subjected to desk review by the editors and if found appropriate, they are sent for peer reviewing.
The editors of the journal may also commission policy briefs, special issues, and solicit book reviews from time to time.
- · Presents scholarly articles on all areas of applied and theoretical economics.
- · Features the work of leading economists including Nobel laureates.
- · Contributors to the Indian Economic Review include George Akerlof, Pranab Bardhan, Kaushik Basu, William Baumol, Jagdish Bhagwati, Sukhamoy Chakravarty, Mrinal Datta Chaudhuri, Harry Johnson, James Mirrlees, Lawrence Klein, Kala Krishna, Anne Krueger, A.L. Nagar, William Nordhaus, Prasanta Pattanaik, K.N. Raj, Joan Robinson, Amartya Sen, T N Srinivasan, Nicholas Stern, Suresh Tendulkar, Jan Tinbergen, James Tobin, Stephen Turnovsky, and Thomas Weisskopf, to name a few.
- Uday Bhanu Sinha
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 33 days
- Submission to first decision
- 194 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 5,346 (2019)
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Guest Editor: Shreekant Gupta, Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics
Export-Import Bank of India Calls for Entries for International Economic Research Annual (IERA) Award 2020
Last date for submission of application is September 30, 2020
For more information, please visit www.eximbankindia.in/awards or Call +91-22-22172717/2708 or E-mail: email@example.com
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- IFIS Publishing
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Research Papers in Economics (RePEc)
- UGC-CARE List (India)