Review of Agricultural, Food and Environmental Studies is a scientific peer-reviewed journal encouraging new perspectives for research and analysis in economics and sociology on the topics of production, agricultural markets and trade, agricultural and food industry production, food consumption, the environment and natural resources, and rural areas and land use. The journal welcomes theoretical and empirical research, in English. Research in economics must be submitted in English; research in sociology may be submitted in French or in English, however, the article will be published in English - if the article is accepted, authors have to translate it into English.
The journal also invites submissions of replication of empirical results in the fields covered by the journal.
“News and views” papers, or collections of papers, can also be submitted to the journal. In these short pieces (2000-3000 words), authors express their position on a major political and/or scientific issue. These articles are intended to inform researchers, professionals or policymakers, and must be written in a way that is understandable to a non-specialized audience.
RAFE is indexed in, among others, Journal of Economic Literature, Sociological abstracts, REPEC.
- Scientific peer reviewed journal
- Previously Cahiers d’Economie et de Sociologie Rurales, Revue d'Etudes en Agriculture et Environnement
- Focus on research and analysis in economics and sociology on the topics of production, agricultural markets and trade, agricultural and food industry production, food consumption, the environment and natural resources, and rural areas and land use
- Stéphan Marette,
- Ronan Le Velly
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 68 days
- Submission to first decision
- 340 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 20,126 (2020)
Institutional foundations for environmental conservation: an analysis of nongovernmental organizations’ engagement strategies in the Amazon
Bringing sustainable urban planning down to earth through food: the experience of the food transects of Grenoble and Caen
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
You will find in this section the “News and views” articles published and can freely access the content.
Special issue “Potential conflicts and synergies between climate change mitigation and biodiversity”
This special issue aims to gather social sciences articles (economics, sociology, geography and political science) studying the interactions between climate change mitigation and biodiversity.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Renewable energies and thermal efficiency, land use change, and biodiversity
- Impact, trade-off and interactions between climate, agriculture and environment related policies
- Environmental dilemmas faced by consumers, farmers and other economic actors
- Biodiversity losses or possible benefits of climate-oriented fiscal policies and subsidies
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
The final publisher version of articles published in Review of Agricultural, Food and Environmental Studies will be made freely available under a .pdf format in an open archive after a period of embargo of 12 months. The whole archive of Cahiers d'économie et de sociologie rurales, Revue d'études en agriculture et environnement and Review of Agricultural, Food and Environmental Studies is available in the repositories for scientific publication REPEC and EconLit. They should also be available soon in HAL.
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- CAB Abstracts
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO SocINDEX
- EBSCO Sociology Source Ultimate
- Google Scholar
- IFIS Publishing
- INIS Atomindex
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- TD Net Discovery Service