The Journal of Social and Economic Development is the official publication of the Institute for Social and Economic Change. It provides a forum for in-depth analysis of social, economic, political/institutional, cultural, demographic and environmental transformation taking place today in the developing countries from Asia, Africa and Latin America.
In addition to high quality contributions on economic modelling with a strong theoretical and conceptual foundation, the Journal publishes research that involves promulgating inclusive growth, promoting viable institutional structure and good governance (i.e., participation, accountability and transparency) and ensuring rights and entitlements of citizens.
- Provides a multidisciplinary forum for research papers with rigorous reasoning supported by proper documentation in the areas of social and economic development.
- Focuses on key issues faced by developing countries regarding how to arrive at strategies to end poverty and cause economic and social development and what instruments should be used to meet these objectives.
- S. Madheswaran
- Managing Editors
- Meenakshi Rajeev,
- T.S. Syamala
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 58 days
- Submission to first decision
- 381 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 4,540 (2019)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
David Bloom, Harvard University, US
KS James, International Institute for Population Sciences, India
Lekha Subaiya, Institute for Social and Economic Change, India
Guest Editor: Leela Visaria, Former Director and Honorary Professor, Gujarat Institute of Development Research, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Australian Business Deans Council (ABDC) Journal Quality List
- CAB Abstracts
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Research Papers in Economics (RePEc)