Journal of Bio- and Tribo-Corrosion publishes papers in all aspects of tribo-corrosion, ranging from biological environments to green energy technologies to bio-degradable metals and polymer composites. Rigorously reviewed research papers and reviews in the journal cover a broad range of subjects such as corrosion, tribo-corrosion of coatings and thin films, sliding-corrosion, fretting-corrosion, microabrasion-corrosion, tribo-corrosion models, bio-tribo-corrosion, surface engineering and materials, nano-corrosion, and surface modifications (nanotube and texturing) to improve tribocorrosion resistance by keeping biocompactability and cell viability.
Specific topics include:
- Sliding wear, abrasion (including micro-abrasion), erosion, fretting, and fatigue interactions with corrosion
- Models and mechanistic maps
- Biological processes such as hip and knee joint wear, wear of dental materials, and wear of artificial heart vales
- Renewable technologies, such as wave, wind (including offshore), and tidal power
- Conventional energy, including nuclear, oil and gas, and combined cycle coal conversion
- Lubricants and tribo-corrosion interactions with lubrication, including bio-oils
- Case studies and rapid communications on hot topics
Journal of Bio- and Tribo-Corrosion employs a single blind peer review process.
- Margaret M Stack,
- Mathew T Mathew,
- Yu Tian
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Submission to first decision: 59 days
- Downloads: 31,590 (2018)