Allergo Journal International is the official Journal of the German Society for Allergology and Clinical Immunology (DGAKI) and of the Medical Association of German Allergologists (AeDA). The journal is a forum for the communication and exchange of ideas concerning the various aspects of allergy (including related fields such as clinical immunology and environmental medicine) and promotes German allergy research in an international context. The aim of Allergo Journal International is to provide state of the art information for all medical and scientific disciplines that deal with allergic, immunological and environmental diseases. Allergo Journal International publishes original articles, reviews, short communications, case reports, and letters to the editor. The articles cover topics such as allergic, immunological and environmental diseases, the latest developments in diagnosis and therapy as well as current research work concerning antigens and allergens and aspects related to occupational and environmental medicine. In addition, it publishes clinical guidelines and position papers approved by expert panels of the German, Austrian and Swiss Allergy Societies.
All submissions are reviewed in single-blind fashion by at least two reviewers.
Single-blind peer review
The quality of the contributions is guaranteed by an international board of editors. The journal follows a single-blind review procedure, where the reviewers are aware of the names and affiliations of the authors, but the reviewer reports provided to authors are anonymous. Single-blind peer review is the traditional model of peer review that many reviewers are comfortable with, and it facilitates a dispassionate critique of a manuscript.
- covers all aspects of allergy - from basic science to clinical routine
- official journal of the German Society of Allergy and Clinical Immunology and the Medical Association of the German Allergists
- publishes clinical guidelines and position papers approved by expert panels of the German, Austrian and Swiss Allergy Societies.
- firmly established as leading allergy journal in Germany, Austria and Swizerland
- Thilo Jakob,
- Ludger Klimek
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Submission to first decision: 32 days
- Acceptance to publication: 29 days
- Downloads: 34,754 (2018)