This journal is jointly sponsored by Gesellschaft fuer Operations Research (The German OR Society) and the Nederlands Genootschap voor Besliskunde (The Dutch OR Society). It features contributions to mathematics, statistics, and computer science that have special relevance to operations research.
This peer reviewed journal publishes original and high-quality articles on important mathematical and computational aspects of operations research, in particular in the areas of continuous and discrete mathematical optimization, stochastics, and game theory. Theoretically oriented papers are supposed to include explicit motivations of assumptions and results, while application oriented papers need to contain substantial mathematical contributions. Suggestions for algorithms should be accompanied with numerical evidence for their superiority over state-of-the-art methods. Articles must be of interest for a large audience in operations research, written in clear and correct English, and typeset in LaTeX. A special section contains invited tutorial papers on advanced mathematical or computational aspects of operations research, aiming at making such methodologies accessible for a wider audience.Officially cited as: Math Meth Oper Res
- Features contributions to mathematics, statistics, and computer science that have special relevance to operations research.
- Publishes theoretical and applied papers with substantial mathematical interest in a wide range of areas, from mathematical programming to game theory.
- Includes a special section devoted to review papers on mathematical methods and models in interesting fields of operations research and related optimization theory.
- Oliver Stein
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 1.023 (2018)
- Impact factor
- 1.021 (2018)
- Five year impact factor
- 53 days
- Submission to first decision
- 347 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 35,918 (2018)