Few other areas of orthopedic surgery and traumatology have undergone such a dramatic evolution in the last 10 years as knee surgery, arthroscopy and sports traumatology. Ranked among the top 33% of journals in both Orthopedics and Sports Sciences, the goal of this European journal is to publish papers about innovative knee surgery, sports trauma surgery and arthroscopy. Each issue features a series of peer-reviewed articles that deal with diagnosis and management and with basic research. Each issue also contains at least one review article about an important clinical problem. Case presentations or short notes about technical innovations are also accepted for publication.
The articles cover all aspects of knee surgery and all types of sports trauma; in addition, epidemiology, diagnosis, treatment and prevention, and all types of arthroscopy (not only the knee but also the shoulder, elbow, wrist, hip, ankle, etc.) are addressed. Articles on new diagnostic techniques such as MRI and ultrasound and high-quality articles about the biomechanics of joints, muscles and tendons are included. Although this is largely a clinical journal, it is also open to basic research with clinical relevance.
Because the journal is supported by a distinguished European Editorial Board, assisted by an international Advisory Board, you can be assured that the journal maintains the highest standards.
Official Clinical Journal of the European Society of Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy (ESSKA).
Why publish with us
- We are the official Clinical Journal of ESSKA, the European Society of Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy.
- Published since 1993, we consistently rank highly in the fields of orthopedics, sports science and surgery.
- Through Springer Compact agreements, authors from participating institutions can publish Open Choice at no cost to the authors.
- Deputy Editor-in-Chief
- Michael T. Hirschmann,
- Volker Musahl,
- Olufemi R. Ayeni
- Jon Karlsson
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 3.166 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 3.162 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 38 days
- Submission to first decision
- 123 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 1,007,121 (2020)
Ultracongruent insert design is a safe alternative to posterior cruciate-substituting total knee arthroplasty: 5-year results of a randomized controlled trial
Authors (first, second and last of 5)
Authors (first, second and last of 9)
No difference of gait parameters in patients with image-free robotic-assisted medial unicompartmental knee arthroplasty compared to a conventional technique: early results of a randomized controlled trial
Authors (first, second and last of 6)
The translated Danish version of the Western Ontario Meniscal Evaluation Tool (WOMET) is reliable and responsive
Authors (first, second and last of 7)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
ESSKA now provides CME credits for reviews deemed eligible by Editors-in-Chief.
Read hand-picked articles, watch interesting videos, and stay up-to-date!
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Current Contents/Clinical Medicine
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Biomedical Reference Collection
- EBSCO CINAHL
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Rehabilitation & Sports Medicine Source
- EBSCO SPORTDiscus
- EBSCO STM Source
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Agricultural & Environmental Science Database
- ProQuest Biological Science Database
- ProQuest Biotechnology Research Abstracts
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Engineering
- ProQuest Environmental Science
- ProQuest Health & Medical Collection
- ProQuest Health Research Premium Collection
- ProQuest Materials Science and Engineering Database
- ProQuest Medical Database
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest Nursing & Allied Health Database
- ProQuest Pharma Collection
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Sports Medicine & Education Index
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- Semantic Scholar
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)