"Intensive Care Medicine" is the publication platform for the communication and exchange of current work and ideas in intensive care medicine. It is intended for all those who are involved in intensive medical care, physicians, anaesthetists, surgeons, pediatricians, as well as those concerned with pre-clinical subjects and medical sciences basic to these disciplines.
The journal publishes: review articles reflecting the present state of knowledge in special areas or summarizing limited themes in which discussion has led to clearly defined conclusions; original papers reporting progress and results in all areas of intensive care medicine and its related fields; educational articles giving information on the progress of a topic of particular interest; discussion on technology, methods, new apparatus and modifications of standard techniques; brief reports of uncommon and interesting disorders; correspondence concerning matters of topical interest or relating to published material; and book reviews, reports of meetings, and announcements
Official journal of The European Society of Intensive Care Medicine and The European Society of Paediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care.
- Offers a platform for the communication of current research and ideas in intensive care medicine
- Publishes review articles, original research papers, letters, discussion, book reviews and more
- Official journal of The European Society of Intensive Care Medicine and The European Society of Paediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care
- 100% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Giuseppe Citerio
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 18.967 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 13.009 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 6 days
- Acceptance to publication: 13 days
- Downloads: 2,096,581 (2018)