This journal publishes peer-reviewed papers that examine the latest research findings and best practices in mindfulness. It explores the nature and foundations of mindfulness, its mechanisms of actions, and its use across cultures. In addition, Mindfulness features papers that address issues involving the training of clinicians, institutional staff, teachers, parents, and industry personnel in mindful provision of services.
Coverage in the journal includes reliability and validity of assessment of mindfulness; clinical uses of mindfulness in psychological distress, psychiatric disorders, and medical conditions; alleviation of personal and societal suffering; the nature and foundations of mindfulness; mechanisms of action; and the use of mindfulness across cultures.
Mindfulness features diverse viewpoints, including psychology, psychiatry, medicine, neurobiology, psychoneuroendocrinology, cognitive, behavioral, cultural, philosophy, spirituality, and wisdom traditions. It serves as a much-needed forum for the broad-based, leading-edge research in this burgeoning field.
Springer is proud to inform you that Mindfulness has been selected for coverage in Thomas Reuters products and services:
- Social Sciences Citation Index®
- Journal Citation Reports/Social Sciences Edition
- Current Contents®/Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Offers the single scholarly source dedicated to mindfulness theory and multidisciplinary scholarly research, including assessment, prevention, treatment, consultation, training, and collaboration
- Is supported by an editorial board that is composed of a highly qualified and experienced multidisciplinary team of experts in mindfulness
- Helps define and advance the science and practice of mindfulness
- Nirbhay N. Singh
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 3 (2018)
- Impact factor
- 3.820 (2018)
- Five year impact factor
- 55 days
- Submission to first decision
- 245 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 518,194 (2018)