The Journal of Maxillofacial and Oral Surgery is the official publication of the Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons of India (AOMSI). It aims to bring to light the abundant clinical materials and research data available in India. It is a quarterly, peer reviewed journal offering comprehensive coverage on new techniques, recent developments and innovative contributions on oral and maxillofacial surgery.
- A peer-reviewed journal with global reach and championed and edited by experts in the field
- Focuses on the complete spectrum of contemporary clinical and basic science related issues, new and emerging technologies, cutting-edge innovations and future trends in the field of oral and maxillofacial surgery
- Publishes original articles, review articles, editorials, letter to the editor , case reports, technical note , mini reviews and commentaries
All the submitted papers are reviewed meticulously. For in-depth review, at least two outside referees are consulted. Reviewers are contacted before being sent a paper and are asked to return comments within 1 to 2 weeks for most papers. Reviewers may be selected to evaluate separate components of a manuscript. The Journal of Maxillofacial and Oral Surgery (MAOS) now gives the opportunity for cross-review. Once all reviews are in, an additional reviewer is invited to read the other reviews and make additional comments within 2 business days. Cross-review is not compulsory, if we do not receive comments we proceed based on the reviews in hand. In cases where the decision is clear we may proceed without cross-review. We greatly appreciate the time spent in preparing a review and will consult you on a revision of a manuscript only if we believe the paper has been significantly improved but still requires input. The final responsibility for decisions of acceptance or rejection of a submitted manuscript lies with the editor-in-chief.
- Rishi Bali
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 95 days
- Submission to first decision
- 170 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 36,067 (2018)