Silicon is the only international, interdisciplinary journal solely devoted to the most important element of the 21st Century. Silicon's coverage is unique in presenting all areas of silicon research and development across all disciplines. Silicon is publishing the very latest cutting edge research on silicon as an enabling element in materials chemistry, materials physics, materials biology, materials engineering and environmental science.
The silicon community is in the midst of aggressive research initiatives with significant R&D efforts continuing in crystalline and amorphous silicon, silica, silicones, silsesquioxanes, silicon carbide, silanes and silicates to name a few. Silicon's editorial board includes silicon materials chemists and materials and device physicists who geographically represent North America, Asia, and Europe.
- Silicon is the only journal devoted to the spectacular diversity of silicon.
- Silicon is a truly interdisciplinary journal which caters to chemists, physicists, biologists, engineers and environmental scientists.
- Silicon offers a balanced perspective, publishing contributions from researchers in academia, industry, and national research laboratories.
- Presents the latest cutting edge research on silicon as an enabling element in various disciplines
- Offers a balanced perspective, publishing contributions from researchers in academia, industry, and national research laboratories
- Features short communications, original articles, essays, and reviews
- David A. Schiraldi
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 1.499 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 1.444 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 42 days
- Submission to first decision
- 124 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 48,057 (2019)
Suppression of Ambipolar Behavior and Simultaneous Improvement in RF Performance of Gate-Overlap Tunnel Field Effect Transistor (GOTFET) Devices
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Current Contents/Physical, Chemical and Earth Sciences
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EI Compendex
- Google Scholar
- INIS Atomindex
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Materials Science and Engineering Database
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- Semantic Scholar
- UGC-CARE List (India)