Dao: A Journal of Comparative Philosophy is sponsored by the Association of Chinese Philosophers in America and the Department of Philosophy, the Chinese University of Hong Kong and supported by the Institute for the Advanced Studies of Humanities of the National Taiwan University. The Journal is dedicated to publishing quality articles and reviews of books in Chinese philosophy, particularly those relating Chinese philosophy to other philosophical traditions in the world, including but not limited to Western philosophy, Islamic philosophy, African philosophy, Indian philosophy, Japanese philosophy, and Korean philosophy, as well as articles on theories and methodologies of comparative philosophy. All articles are peer-reviewed.
In addition to high-quality research articles on comparative philosophy, theory and methodology, Dao publishes book reviews in the area of Chinese and comparative philosophy. This is the only journal that regularly publishes reviews of books in Chinese, as well as full-length articles reviewing works of contemporary philosophers in China.
- Relates Chinese philosophy to other traditions
- Explores the relationship between Chinese philosophy and other Asian philosophies –Indian, Japanese and Korean
- Compares Chinese with African and Islamic philosophy
- Presents book reviews, including books in Chinese
- Reviews the works of contemporary Chinese philosophers
- Yong Huang
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 23,078 (2019)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Starting from Volume VI, 2007, Dao establishes The Annual Best Essay Award. In addition to a certificate of achievement, the award comes along with a prize of $1000. The award winners will also be noted on this website.
The award ceremony will be held at the American Philosophical Association Annual Meeting (Eastern Division), where the award winner will be invited to give a lecture in the “Dao Annual Best Essay Award Winner Lecture Series.” The selection committee consists of all editorial board members who have not published articles in Dao in the given year. The best essay is selected in terms of the scholarly rigorousness and philosophical creativity.
Click here to see all winners
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index
- Current Contents/Arts and Humanities
- EBSCO Book Review Digest Plus
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Humanities Full Text
- EBSCO Humanities International
- EBSCO Humanities Source
- EBSCO OmniFile
- Gale Academic OneFile
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- MLA International Bibliography
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Philosophy Database
- ProQuest Religion Database
- ProQuest Research Library
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon