Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A is an archival peer-reviewed monthly publication that focuses on the latest research in all aspects of metallurgy and materials science. The journal publishes original research and reviews that:
· Advance the basic understanding of the relationships among structure across all length scales, physical and mechanical properties, and processing of materials, examined via theory, experiments, advanced characterization, data-driven and machine learning approaches, and validated modeling.
· Concern the main topics of alloy phases; transformations, transport phenomena, mechanical behavior, physical chemistry, environmental performance, welding and joining, coatings and surface treatment, solidification, and thermomechanical processing.
· Address all classes of metallic materials, composite materials, powder-based alloys, intermetallic compounds, multiprincipal element alloys, nanocrystalline and amorphous materials, and biomaterials.
Published in partnership with ASM International and The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society
- · Focuses on the latest research in all aspects of metallurgy and materials science
- · Publishes critically reviewed original research of archival significance
- · Main topics include alloy phases, transformations, transport phenomena, mechanical behavior, environmental performance, and many more
- · Published in partnership with ASM International and The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society
- Principal editor
- Tresa M. Pollock
- Acceptance to publication: 15 days
- Downloads: 864,625 (2018)
- Impact factor: 1.985 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 2.244 (2018)
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?