The Journal of Mountain Science, started in 2004, is an international English-language journal on mountain sciences. The JMS is supervised by the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), sponsored by the Chengdu Institute of Mountain Hazards and Environment, CAS, published by Science Press China, and distributed by Springer exclusively throughout the world (excluding Mainland China). The United Nations University (UNU) takes part in the editorial work and supports subscriptions for institutions in developing and transition countries.
The Editorial Board members and reviewers are invited from different countries and regions in the world, and the JMS solicits contributions from and is distributed throughout the world. The JMS is a bimonthly journal with 6 issues a year.
JMS publishes research and technical papers on mountain environment, mountain ecology, mountain hazards, mountain resources and mountain development. The JMS accepts both individual and organizational contributions.
- Introduces mountain research achievements of the developing countries to the world scene
- The editorial board and reviewers represent some 18 countries and regions on five continents
- Specialists from the United Nations University share editorial work and collect international submission
- Enhances academic exchange on mountain science research
- Peng Cui
- Executive editor-in-chief
- Dunlian Qiu
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 1.423 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 1.613 (2018)
- Downloads: 47,761 (2018)