This journal features top papers in pattern recognition, image recognition, analysis, understanding, and processing. Pattern Recognition and Image Analysis places emphasis on the rapid publishing of concise articles covering theory, methodology, and practical applications. Major topics include mathematical theory of pattern recognition, raw data representation, computer vision, image processing, machine learning, computer graphics, data and knowledge bases, neural nets, software, specialized computer architectures, applications, and related areas.
The Editorial Board is headed by Yuri Zhuravlev, a prominent Russian mathematician, and Full Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences. The board also includes distinguished scientists and engineers from the Russian Academy of Sciences, CIS universities and industry, as well as internationally recognized experts in the field from the USA and Europe. The authors are experts in research and applications.PEER REVIEW
Pattern Recognition and Image Analysis is a peer reviewed journal. We use a single blind peer review format. Our team of reviewers includes 45 experts from 10 countries. The average period from submission to first decision in 2018 was 14 days, and that from first decision to acceptance was 75 days. The rejection rate for submitted manuscripts in 2018 was 40%. The final decision on the acceptance of an article for publication is made by the Editorial Board.
Any invited reviewer who feels unqualified or unable to review the manuscript due to the conflict of interests should promptly notify the editors and decline the invitation. Reviewers should formulate their statements clearly in a sound and reasoned way so that authors can use reviewer’s arguments to improve the manuscript. Personal criticism of the authors must be avoided. Reviewers should indicate in a review (i) any relevant published work that has not been cited by the authors, (ii) anything that has been reported in previous publications and not given appropriate reference or citation, (ii) any substantial similarity or overlap with any other manuscript (published or unpublished) of which they have personal knowledge.
- Features top papers in pattern recognition, image recognition, analysis, understanding, and processing.
- Places emphasis on the rapid publishing of concise articles covering theory, methodology, and practical applications.
- Editorial Board is headed by Yuri Zhuravlev, a prominent Russian mathematician, and Full Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
- Yuri I. Zhuravlev
- Publishing model
- 9,662 (2019)
Authors (first, second and last of 7)
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- ACM Digital Library
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EI Compendex
- Gale Academic OneFile
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest ABI/INFORM
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies & Aerospace Database
- ProQuest Business Premium Collection
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Computer Science
- ProQuest Computer and Information Systems Abstracts
- ProQuest Engineering
- ProQuest Materials Science and Engineering Database
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Science Database
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Russian Science Citation Index
- WTI Frankfurt eG