The Science of Nature - Naturwissenschaften - is Springer's flagship multidisciplinary science journal. The journal is dedicated to the fast publication and global dissemination of high-quality research and invites papers, which are of interest to the broader community in the biological sciences. Contributions from the chemical, geological, and physical sciences are welcome if contributing to questions of general biological significance. Particularly welcomed are contributions that bridge between traditionally isolated areas and attempt to increase the conceptual understanding of systems and processes that demand an interdisciplinary approach.
The Science of Nature - Naturwissenschaften - is only interested in publishing the very best of research, and the selection criteria are scientific excellence, novelty, and the potential to attract the widest possible readership, reflecting the multidisciplinary nature of the journal. The journal publishes Reviews, Original Articles, Concepts & Synthesis, Short Communications, and Comments & Replies. With the Comments & Reply section, The Science of Nature - Naturwissenschaften - aims to stimulate scientific discussion or elaborate on opposing view in response to an article published in the journal.
Frequency: Bimonthly in print.
- Average time from receipt of contributions to first decision: 23 days
- No page charges. No color illustration charges
- Arnold Berliner Award: As of 2013 a prize is awarded to the best paper published in the previous year
- 98% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Matthias Waltert
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 1.839 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 1.835 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 17 days
- Acceptance to publication: 16 days
- Downloads: 227,592 (2018)