The Science of Nature - Naturwissenschaften - is Springer's flagship multidisciplinary science journal. The journal is dedicated to the fast publication and global dissemination of high-quality research and invites papers, which are of interest to the broader community in the biological sciences. Contributions from the chemical, geological, and physical sciences are welcome if contributing to questions of general biological significance. Particularly welcomed are contributions that bridge between traditionally isolated areas and attempt to increase the conceptual understanding of systems and processes that demand an interdisciplinary approach.
The Science of Nature - Naturwissenschaften - is only interested in publishing the very best of research, and the selection criteria are scientific excellence, novelty, and the potential to attract the widest possible readership, reflecting the multidisciplinary nature of the journal. The journal publishes Reviews, Original Articles, Concepts & Synthesis, Short Communications, and Comments & Replies. With the Comments & Reply section, The Science of Nature - Naturwissenschaften - aims to stimulate scientific discussion or elaborate on opposing view in response to an article published in the journal.
Frequency: Bimonthly in print.
- Average time from receipt of contributions to first decision: 17 days
- No page charges. No color illustration charges
- Arnold Berliner Award: As of 2013 a prize is awarded to the best paper published in the previous year
- 98% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Matthias Waltert
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 2.090 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 1.994 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 34 days
- Submission to first decision
- 149 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 246,191 (2019)
Are physiological and behavioural responses to stressors displayed concordantly by wild urban rodents?
Authors (first, second and last of 6)
Authors (first, second and last of 6)
About the Arnold Berliner Award
To mark the 100th anniversary of the journal in 2013, the Arnold Berliner Award was established in recognition of its founder who guided the development of the journal over the exceptionally long period of 22 years.
The award is given annually for the best research article published in the journal during the previous calendar year.
Criteria are excellence in science, originality and in particular interdisciplinarity, overall mirroring Berliner's motivation for initiating Naturwissenschaften.The Award is marked with the Arnold Berliner Medal, and is accompanied by a biennial subscription to the electronic edition of the journal, a 500 Euro voucher for Springer eBooks, as well as a cash prize of 250 Euro.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Astrophysics Data System (ADS)
- Biological Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Current Contents/ Life Sciences
- Current Contents/Physical, Chemical and Earth Sciences
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Wildlife & Ecology Studies Worldwide
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Agricultural & Environmental Science Database
- ProQuest Biological Science Database
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Earth, Atmospheric & Aquatic Science Database
- ProQuest Environmental Science
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Reaction Citation Index
- Science Citation Index
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)
- Zoological Record