Molecular Imaging and Biology presents original research contributions on the utilization of molecular imaging in problems of relevance in biology and medicine. The primary objective of the journal is to provide a forum for the discovery of molecular mechanisms of health and disease through the use of imaging techniques.
Among the topics covered are molecular imaging investigations of macromolecular targets involved in significant biological processes; design and evaluation of molecular probes used to investigate macromolecular targets and their functions; and study of in vivo animal models of disease for the development of new molecular diagnostics and therapeutics.
The overall goal is to translate basic science discoveries into molecular imaging of disease in patients, both to investigate the biological nature of disease in actual patients and to establish new molecular imaging diagnostic procedures.
Molecular Imaging and Biology is the official journal of the World Molecular Imaging Society and the European Society for Molecular Imaging.
Molecular Imaging and Biology is ranked #15 in the Google Scholar H-5 Index of Nuclear Medicine and Radiotherapy, with a 2019 H-5 Index of 31.
- Presents original research on the utilization of molecular imaging in biology and medicine
- Provides a forum for the discovery of molecular mechanisms of health and disease through the use of imaging techniques
- Official journal of the World Molecular Imaging Society and European Society for Molecular Imaging
- Raymond Gibson
- Associate Editor
- Jason S. Lewis
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 3.341 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 2.918 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 34 days
- Acceptance to publication: 19 days
- Downloads: 143,636 (2018)