- Offers scientific investigation of the ecology of urban environments
- Examines interactions between urban ecosystems and associated suburban and rural environments
- Multidisciplinary - touches on many fields
- Editor-in-Chief: Glenn R. Guntenspergen, U.S. Geological Survey, Duluth, MN, USA
Urban Ecosystems is an international journal devoted to scientific investigations of urban environments and the relationships between socioeconomic and ecological structures and processes in urban environments. The scope of the journal is broad, including interactions between urban ecosystems and associated suburban and rural environments. Contributions may span a range of specific subject areas as they may apply to urban environments: biodiversity, biogeochemistry, conservation biology, wildlife and fisheries management, ecosystem ecology, ecosystem services, environmental chemistry, hydrology, landscape architecture, meteorology and climate, policy, population biology, social and human ecology, soil science, and urban planning.
The Editor-in-Chief is Glenn R. Guntenspergen, U.S. Geological Survey (USGS/NRII), Duluth, MN, USA.
- Glenn R. Guntenspergen,
- Charles Nilon
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 2.493 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 2.781 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 89 days
- Acceptance to publication: 14 days
- Downloads: 159,909 (2018)