Scientometrics is concerned with the quantitative features and characteristics of science and scientific research. Emphasis is placed on investigations in which the development and mechanism of science are studied by statistical mathematical methods.
The journal publishes original studies, short communications, preliminary reports, review papers, letters to the editor and book reviews on scientometrics. Due to its fully interdisciplinary character, the journal is indispensable to research workers and research administrators . It provides valuable assistance to librarians and documentalists in central scientific agencies, ministries, research institutes and laboratories.
Scientometrics includes the Journal of Research Communication Studies. Consequently its aims and scope cover that of the latter, namely, to bring the results of such investigations together in one place.
- Emphasizes investigations in which the development of science and of the mechanism of scientific research are studied by means of (statistical) mathematical methods
- Publishes original studies, short communications, preliminary reports, review papers, letters to the editor and book reviews on scientometrics
- Includes the Journal of Research Communication Studies
- Wolfgang Glänzel
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 2.77 (2018)
- Impact factor
- 2.710 (2018)
- Five year impact factor
- 65 days
- Submission to first decision
- 173 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 659,008 (2018)