The Russian Journal of Ecology publishes completed original studies in all branches of theoretical and experimental ecology, reviews, articles on topics currently in debate, and information on new methods of research.PEER REVIEW
Russian Journal of Ecology is a peer reviewed journal. We use a single blind peer review format. Our team of reviewers includes over 70 experts. The average period from submission to first decision in 2018 was 30 days, and that from first decision to acceptance was 50 days. The rejection rate for submitted manuscripts in 2018 was 70%. The final decision on the acceptance of an article for publication is made by the Editor-in-Chief.
Any invited reviewer who feels unqualified or unable to review the manuscript due to the conflict of interests should promptly notify the editors and decline the invitation. Reviewers should formulate their statements clearly in a sound and reasoned way so that authors can use reviewer’s arguments to improve the manuscript. Personal criticism of the authors must be avoided. Reviewers should indicate in a review (i) any relevant published work that has not been cited by the authors, (ii) anything that has been reported in previous publications and not given appropriate reference or citation, (ii) any substantial similarity or overlap with any other manuscript (published or unpublished) of which they have personal knowledge.
- Publishes complete original studies spanning all branches of theoretical and experimental ecology
- Presents reviews and papers on topics currently in debate, new methods of investigation, book reviews, and chronicles
- Covers population studies, antropogenic impacts of ecology, and new methods in the study of ecology
- Vladimir D. Bogdanov
- Publishing model
- Impact factor: 0.497 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 0.545 (2018)
- Downloads: 8,576 (2018)