Phenomenology and the Cognitive Sciences is an international journal that offers a forum for illuminating the intersections between phenomenology, empirical science, and analytic philosophy of mind.
The journal builds bridges between continental phenomenological approaches in the Husserlian tradition and disciplines that have not always been open to or aware of phenomenological contributions to understanding cognition and related topics. The journal presents work by phenomenologists, scientists, and philosophers who study cognition. In addition the journal offers discussion of methodological issues involving the variety of approaches appropriate for addressing these problems.
Phenomenology and the Cognitive Sciences provides critical review articles that address recent work in areas relevant to the connection between empirical results in experimental science and first-person perspective.
- A forum for illuminating the intersections between phenomenology, empirical science, and analytic philosophy of mind
- Builds bridges between the Husserlian tradition and other disciplines
- Addresses recent work on the connection between empirical results in experimental science and first-person perspective
- Shaun Gallagher,
- D. Zahavi
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 72 days
- Submission to first decision
- 184 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 152,090 (2019)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Deadline for submission was June 1, 2020 but has been extended to September 1 2020
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Humanities International
- EBSCO Humanities Source
- ERIH PLUS
- Gale Academic OneFile
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon