The Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology (JSST) provides an international forum for the dissemination of scientific, technological, and general knowledge about materials processed by chemical nanotechnologies known as the "sol-gel" process. The materials of interest include gels, gel-derived glasses, ceramics in form of nano- and micro-powders, bulk, fibres, thin films and coatings as well as more recent materials such as hybrid organic-inorganic materials and composites.
JSST publishes original research and technological manuscripts in the form of extended reports. Occasionally, invited papers on scientific and technologically important issues in emerging fields of sol-gel materials are published as special issues. A Sol-Gel Product News section is also available for publication of short papers on products developed via chemical technology.
The Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology is the Official Journal of the International Sol-Gel Society (ISGS).
Commonly used title abbreviations: JSST
- The official journal of the International Sol-Gel Society (ISGS)
- Explores materials processed by chemical nanotechnologies known as the "sol-gel" process
- Presents original research and technological manuscripts in the form of extended reports
- 98% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Michel Aegerter
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 1.986 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 1.768 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 46 days
- Acceptance to publication: 15 days
- Downloads: 252,680 (2018)