The Journal of Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics is devoted to illustrating the importance of pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, and pharmacometrics in the understanding of drug action, therapy, design, development, and evaluation. It presents experimental and theoretical papers examining the kinetics of drug disposition and drug action; clinical pharmacokinetics; factors affecting formation and disposition of drug metabolites; dosage form evaluation from animals and humans; bioavailabilty studies, scaling from animals to humans, and in vitro and in vivo correlations. A special section is provided for papers addressing pharmacometrics, the computational and statistical methods used for the modeling, analysis, interpretation, and simulation of pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic data. Most published papers illustrate and apply their finding to real-world observations in animals and/or humans.
Journal of Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics publishes six issues a year.
- Illustrates the importance of pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, and pharmacometrics
- Presents both theoretical and experimental papers on a range of related topics
- Includes a special section on pharmacometrics
- Applies research findings to real-world observations
- 100% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- William J. Jusko
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 2.910 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 2.300 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 27 days
- Acceptance to publication: 14 days
- Downloads: 107,300 (2018)