Founded in 1992, Biodiversity and Conservation is an international journal that publishes articles on all aspects of biological diversity, its conservation, and sustainable use. It is multidisciplinary and covers living organisms of all kinds in any habitat, focusing on studies using novel or little-used approaches, and ones from less studied biodiversity rich regions or habitats. It also features rapid assessment approaches, the estimation of species numbers and diversity (by traditional, molecular, or proxy indicator methods), habitat management, conservation policy and regulations, threats, biodiversity loss, extinctions, and the documenting of long-term changes, and ex-situ conservation.
It includes reviews, research papers, editorials, commentaries, and letters, and sometimes whole issues devote to particular topics.
Why publish with us
- International in scope and coverage, we are devoted to the publication of articles on all aspects of biological diversity and conservation, and publish 14 issues per year with full colour figures.
- With our renowned international editorial team overseeing a rigorous and swift review process, we encourage contributors from developing countries, in order to realize diverse global perspectives.
- David Hawksworth
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Learn about publishing OA with us
- 2.935 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 3.097 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 67 days
- Submission to first decision
- 235 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 575,718 (2019)
How to build a biodiverse city: environmental determinants of bird diversity within and among 1581 cities
Authors (first, second and last of 6)This is part of 1 collection:
Can indicator species guide conservation investments to restore connectivity in Great Lakes tributaries?
Authors (first, second and last of 11)
Authors (first, second and last of 5)
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
We welcome applications from academics with some editorial experience to join our international Editorial Board (Associate Editors of the journal) in order to increase our coverage of different groups of organisms and regions.
If interested, please send a cover letter detailing your academic and practical experience, why you would like to be involved, and the subject areas you feel you could assist with together with a CV/ résumé indicating your research areas and publication history to Takeesha Moerland-Torpey.
Only successful candidates will be contacted by the Editorial team.
Springer is working closely with ConservationEvidence which aims to make conservation management more effective through the dissemination of information to practitioners. Authors are invited to submit an additional abstract for ConservationEvidence if they feel that their paper is of relevance to the initiative.
Publication of color illustrations in both the online and printed versions is free of charge
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Biological Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts
- Current Contents/ Agriculture, Biology & Environmental Sciences
- EBSCO Agriculture Plus
- EBSCO Biomedical Reference Collection
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Energy & Power Source
- EBSCO Environment
- EBSCO Garden, Landscape & Horticulture Index
- EBSCO GreenFILE
- EBSCO Sustainability Reference Center
- EBSCO Wildlife & Ecology Studies Worldwide
- Elsevier Biobase
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Agricultural & Environmental Science Database
- ProQuest Aquatic Sciences and Fisheries Abstracts (ASFA)
- ProQuest Biological Science Database
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Earth, Atmospheric & Aquatic Science Database
- ProQuest Ecology Abstracts
- ProQuest Entomology Abstracts
- ProQuest Environment Abstracts (Module)
- ProQuest Environmental Science
- ProQuest Genetics Abstracts
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest Pharma Collection
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Science Database
- ProQuest Sustainability Science Abstracts
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)
- Zoological Record