MySpringer for authors
Please log in to track the publication status of your book or article and enjoy your free eBook. For authors: Request password
SpringerBriefs are concise summaries of cutting-edge research and practical applications across a wide spectrum of fields.
Featuring compact volumes of 50 to 125 pages, each series covers a range of professional and academic topics.
Briefs have a quick turnaround time and will be available as eBooks and MyCopy editions. Print editions have a softcover binding.
Typical SpringerBriefs might include:
- A timely report of state-of-the art analytical techniques
- A bridge between new research results published in journal articles and a contextual literature review
- A snapshot of a hot or emerging topic
- An in-depth case study or clinical example
- A presentation of core concepts that students must understand in order to make independent contributions
- Present your ideas and allow readers to absorb them with minimal time investment
- Published as part of Springer’s eBook collections, with millions of users worldwide
- Also available for individual print and electronic purchase
- Briefs are characterized by fast, global electronic dissemination, standard publishing contracts, easy-to-use manuscript preparation guidelines, and expedited production schedules. We aim for publication 8-12 weeks after acceptance.
- Both solicited and unsolicited manuscripts are considered for publication in this series. Projects will be submitted to editorial review by series editors, editorial advisory boards, and/or publishing editors, at the discretion of each publishing unit.
SpringerBriefs manuscript guidelines
- Manuscript length: 20,000-50,000 words, inclusive of notes, references and exhibits
- Manuscripts must be comprised of separate chapters
- References should be provided at the end of each chapter, per standard Springer style
- Index: optional; the default is not to include an index; if you are providing an index, by agreement with your publishing editor, please follow the Springer guidelines for LaTeX indexing or provide a list of index terms for manuscripts delivered in Word
- Abstracts and keywords: to facilitate online searchability, we recommend that you include an abstract of approximately 150-200 words and list of 6-10 keywords for each chapter. The abstracts and keywords will appear in print and online versions. If you do not supply these elements, default chapter abstracts will be prepared by our production vendor to appear online.
For our general guidelines, instructions, templates and styles for preparing your manuscript in LaTeX or MS Word please click here.
Please don’t hesitate to contact your publishing editor with any questions.
Take a look at the current series
Current SpringerBriefs series from A - Z