How to publish? – Step by step
If you plan to submit an article to one of our journals, or have any questions during the publication process, this helpdesk will guide you through manuscript submission, production and the services you can expect after your article’s publication.
1. Before you start
The following topics will be important during the early stages of writing your article.
- Publishing Ethics
- Open Access
- Impact Factor
- Rights, permissions and licensing
- Copyright and plagiarism
2. Turning your manuscript into an article
- Find the right journal for your manuscript
- The Springer Journal Selector
- Manuscript preparation (reference styles, artwork guidelines, etc.)
- Electronic submission
- Reviewing and acceptance
- Managing copyright – The "MyPublication" process
- Copy editing and language polishing
- Data processing and type setting
- Article Tracking
- Checking your article: proofing procedure
- e.Proofing – Makes editing easy!
- Publishing your article "Online First"
- Publishing your article in a journal issue
3. After publication
If your article has been published, the following topics are important for you:
- Abstracting & Indexing
- Online access to my article
- Citation Alert
- Book discounts
- Marketing to worldwide audiences