Promote Your Book
To make sure your book reaches the greatest number and widest range of readers, we support it with an effective mix of marketing activities. We also encourage you to spread the word about your book. Here are some tips and tools that will help maximize the visibility of your publication.
What we do and how you can help
Search engine optimization (SEO)
Did you know that over two thirds of our website visitors come from search engines? This shows the impact of search engine optimization!
To make sure your book's homepage and content appears at the top of the results list of an appropriate keyword search, we constantly lay emphasis on the further optimization of Springer's product pages.
Tip: Also take a look at our SEO Guide for Authors. Much of the content you write is crawled and indexed by search engines. Some simple optimization steps can help your work be found, read, and cited by others.
A homepage for your book can be found on SpringerLink.
Simple shortcut URL: https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/eBookISBN (be sure to include the ISBN without hyphens)
Your book’s dedicated page on SpringerLink offers free sample pages to all readers and full text content to the customers of the respective eBook collection.
Via their library, millions of users get access to and can read or download your book. Each book’s content is fully searchable by keywords and hyper-linked with other online publications.
Tip: Feature the link to your book’s homepage in your email signature, on your own website, in presentations, in your blog, contribution to a forum or anywhere you find opportunities to talk about your work.
The Springer shop affiliate program
If your book is available from the Springer Shop, join the affiliate program and earn a commission. Read more here.
Social media: connect with your readers and us
Social media marketing has become a vital part of our marketing tactics and has proven to be an extremely effective way of increasing product awareness and usage.
Our emailings and newsletters often display social media sharing buttons allowing our audience to share product details and even individual books and articles via Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
Springer maintains social media accounts that are subject-specific and interest group focused, allowing us to connect with new and existing audiences. To keep them informed and engaged, we promote conferences and run special campaigns both on a discipline and product level, e.g. book raffles, photo contests and product/content highlights, often in connection with a specific event or theme.
Social media is ideal for spreading the word about new publications. We encourage you to use the social media buttons on our platforms and write posts directly on your professional and private social media accounts to share your publications with your peers and colleagues and thus maximize visibility of your scientific research.
Newsletters and alerts
To stay up-to-date, many of our readers and library customers have registered for subject-specific email newsletters.
In addition to customized information such as highlighted products of our eBook collections, the newsletters feature discount offers, award news or conference announcements.
New Book Alerts are monthly notifications that give readers a concise overview and help them to quickly find those new books that are relevant to their work.
If you would like copy(ies) of your book sent in consideration for a prize nomination, or you represent a prize committee interested in reviewing a Springer title, please fill in the form.
Springer often attends exhibitions at scientific conferences, presenting books and journals in print and electronic formats, along with other tools and services for readers and authors. While we have a selection of recent books on display, we promote even more books in our conference-specific catalogs and on dedicated websites, with special discounts for conference participants.
You can be confident that we will do our best to ensure that your book reaches the greatest number and widest range of readers possible.
Your readers, in turn, have the freedom to choose in whichever medium they would like to read your publication. We provide printed books and eBooks in a variety of formats including PDF, HTML and as an ePub file. Files for each eBook version can be quickly disseminated to our distribution partners in the format that they have specified.
Current range of distribution channels:
- SpringerLink – with millions of downloads per year.
- Amazon – our close business relationship with Amazon provides a valuable, direct route to market for Springer authors and ensures that almost all books can be made available via the Amazon Kindle. Readers can get information about your book and place orders even before it is published.
- eBook reading devices – Springer eBooks can be accessed and read on most eReaders and other mobile devices.
- Google Books – Thousands of Springer books have been included in Google Books. New publications follow as soon as the files are ready. Google Books allows users to browse up to 10% of the book content prior to making a decision to purchase.
- Booksellers – the print edition of your book is speedily distributed to our partners.
Promotion tools and tips for authors and editors
To effectively spread the news about your research, it will be important to become an active and trusted member of the online communities that may be influential in helping to promote your publications.
Social networks can be beneficial to authors and editors in a variety of ways:
- By connecting you with like-minded people and communities
- By promoting you, your organization, your books, chapters or articles
- They are helping you shape your reputation.
- Personal websites, social media, forums and blogs have allowed for wider discovery of your content (by search engines such as Google).
- When mentioning your book on social media, be sure to include the book's title and either its ISBN, its DOI or a link to your book on link.springer.com.