This well-respected series commenced publication in the early 1950s. Over the years it has earned an excellent reputation by offering high quality reviews of current research into all areas of electrochemistry and electrochemical engineering and their applications. The international magazine Chemistry & Industry notes that this series “deserves a place in electrochemistry libraries and should prove useful to electrochemists and related workers.”
Starting with Number 43 in the series, two features have been introduced:
• Each volume is thematic and focuses on a new development in the field or reviews a well-established area that is regaining interest.
• Each volume is guest-edited.
As in the past, all chapters are topical reviews. Subjects covered in recent volumes include:
1. Modeling and Numerical Simulations
2. Progress in Corrosion Science and Engineering
3. Electrodeposition: Theory and Practice
4. Electrocatalysis: Theory and Experiments
5. Interfacial Phenomena in Fuel Cell Electrocatalysis
6. Diagnostics and Modeling of Polymer Electrolyte Fuel Cells
7. Applications of Electrochemistry and Nanotechnology in Biology and Medicine