Menini, Laura, Zaccarian, Luca, Abdallah, Chaouki T. (Eds.)
2006, XX, 560 p. 162 illus.
A product of Birkhäuser Basel
Springer eBooks may be purchased by end-customers only and are sold without copy protection (DRM free). Instead, all eBooks include personalized watermarks. This means you can read the Springer eBooks across numerous devices such as Laptops, eReaders, and tablets.
You can pay for Springer eBooks with Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Paypal.
After the purchase you can directly download the eBook file or read it online in our Springer eBook Reader. Furthermore your eBook will be stored in your MySpringer account. So you can always re-download your eBooks.
This volume is an outgrowth of the workshop "Applications of Advanced Control Theory to Robotics and Automation,” organized in honor of the 70th birthdays of Petar V. Kokotovic and Salvatore (Turi) Nicosia. Both Petar and Turi have carried out distinguished work in the control community and have long been recognized as mentors, experts, and pioneers in the field of automatic control, covering many topics in control theory and several different applications. The variety of their research is reflected in this book, which includes contributions from leading experts in the field ranging from mathematics to laboratory experiments.
Main topics covered include:
* State Estimation and Identification: observer designs for nonlinear systems and linear time-delay systems, as well as identification techniques for linear, nonlinear, piecewise linear, and hybrid systems.
* Control and System Theory: theoretical results related to the analysis and control of dynamical systems, including a presentation of Lyapunov tools for linear differential inclusions, a study of the control of constrained systems, and a treatment of finite-time stability concepts.
* Robotics: new studies of robot manipulators, parameter identification, and different control problems for mobile robots.
* Control of Electromechanical Systems: applications of modern control techniques to port-controlled Hamiltonian systems, different classes of vehicles, and web processing systems.
* Manufacturing Systems: applications of the max-plus algebra to system aggregation, optimal machine scheduling problems, and inventory control with cooperation between retailers.
* Networked Control Systems: analysis and design problems related to linear and nonlinear networked control systems.
The scope of the work is quite broad, and although each chapter is self-contained, the book has been organized into thematically related chapters, and in some cases, convenient reading sequences are suggested to the reader. The wide variety of topics covered and the tutorial writing style used by many of the contributors will make this book suitable for experts, as well as young researchers who seek a more intuitive understanding of these relevant topics in the field.
Content Level »Research
Keywords »Analysis - Tracking - Trend - automation - communication - friction - mobile robot - model - reading - robot - robotics - stability - systems theory
Foreword.- Preface.- List of Contributors.- Part I: State Estimation and Identification.- Circle-criterion observers and their feedback applications: an overview.- Unknown input observers and residual generators for linear time delay systems.- Set membership identification: the H-infinity case.- Algebraic methods for nonlinear systems: parameter identification and state estimation.- Recent techniques for the identification of piecewise affine and hybrid systems.- Part II: Control and System Theory.- Dual matrix inequalities in stability and performance analysis of linear differential/difference inclusions.- Oscillators as systems and synchrony as a design principle.- Nonlinear anti-windup for exponentially unstable linear plants.- Constrained pole assignment control.- An overview of finite-time stability.- Finite-time control of linear systems: a survey.- Part III: Robotics.- An application of iterative identification and control in the robotics field.- Friction identification and model-based digital control of a direct-drive manipulator.- A singular perturbation approach to control of flexible arms in compliant motion.- Fault tolerant tracking of a robot manipulator: an internal model based approach.- Set membership localization and map building for mobile robots.- Visual servoing with central catadioptric camera.- Motion control and coordination in mechanical and robotic systems.- Coordination of robot teams: a decentralized approach.- Part IV: Control of Electromechanical Systems.- Transient stabilization of multimachine power systems.- Robust controllers for large-scale interconnected systems: applications to web processing machines.- Control strategy using vision for the stabilization of an experimental PVTOL aircraft setup.- Neural network model reference adaptive control of marine vehicles.- Part V: ManufacturingSystems.- Projection and aggregation in maxplus algebra.- A switched system model for the optimal control of two symmetric competing queues with finite capacity.- Cooperative inventory control.- Part VI: Networked Control Systems.- Communication logic design and analysis for networked control systems.- Networked decentralized control of multirate sampled-data systems.- Finite-time stability for nonlinear networked control systems.- Index