Solar Physics: Topical Collection "MHD Coronal Seismology"
Topical Collection of Solar Physics on “Magnetohydrodynamic (MHD) Waves and Oscillations in the Sun’s Corona and MHD Coronal Seismology”
We solicit manuscripts on this general subject for inclusion in a Topical Collection of Solar Physics. The deadline for submission of statements of interest (SOI) with a tentative title, abstract, author list, and three suggestions for referees (preferably with e-mail) is 30 January 2021. The deadline for manuscript submission is 15 July 2021.
This Topical Collection is an outgrowth of the conference “MHD Coronal Seismology 2020: Twenty Years of Probing the Sun’s Corona with MHD Waves”, held online in December 2020. This collection is not a conference proceedings, and it is not limited to research presented at the conference. All submissions must be completed original papers that meet the regular quality of the journal. The Topical Collection can start off with one or two invited reviews to summarise the subject and frame the work in the research papers which follow. Topics to be included are:
- Decaying kink and sausage oscillations and waves in the corona
- Decayless kink oscillations of coronal loops
- Slow magnetoacoustic waves in coronal loops
- Coronal heating and implications of thermodynamic activity of the corona for MHD waves
- Nonlinear effects of coronal MHD waves: observational manifestations and theoretical modelling
- Coronal MHD waves and magnetic reconnection in the solar atmosphere
- MHD waves in a lower solar atmosphere
- MHD waves in open coronal structures and global wave phenomena
- Oscillations in coronal filaments and prominences
- Novel techniques and approaches in coronal seismology
- Multi-wavelength observations (from radio to gamma-rays) and modelling of quasi-periodic pulsations in solar and stellar flares
Please consult recent Topical Collections in Solar Physics. For further information, and submission of statements of interest, please contact <email@example.com> (John Leibacher, Dmitrii Kolotkov, Bo Li).
John Leibacher (Solar Physics editor), Dmitrii Kolotkov (guest editor), Bo Li (guest editor)