Celebrating 50 years of General Relativity and Gravitation
Free access to selected articles
The first issue of the journal General Relativity and Gravitation was published in March 1970 as an initiative of its founding editor André Mercier, who had intended to establish a single communication platform for the growing but still scattered GR community. The journal began to immediately publish significant papers that would be soon perceived as groundbreaking contributions. It rapidly became the most important distribution venue for research in the field of GR.
Under the auspices of The International Society on General Relativity and Gravitation (ISGRG), the journal is now published by Springer, where respected editors-in-chief such as George F.R. Ellis, Hermann Nicolai, Abhay Ashtekar, Roy Maartens, and a board of increasingly important associate editors managed a growing output of (now online) papers.
We are celebrating our 50th anniversary with a look back at selected articles, and invite you to submit your current and future research. Join the community!
Mairi Sakellariadou & Pablo Laguna
Enjoy free access to selected articles until 31st March 2020:
- Extreme gravity tests with gravitational waves from compact binary coalescences: (I) inspiral–merger by Emanuele Berti, Kent Yagi, and Nicolás Yunes (2018)
- Dark energy and gravity by T. Padmanabhan (2008)
- Unifying phantom inflation with late-time acceleration: scalar phantom–non-phantom transition model and generalized holographic dark energy by Shin’ichi Nojiri and Sergei D. Odintsov (2006)
- On Average Properties of Inhomogeneous Fluids in General Relativity: Dust Cosmologies by Thomas Buchert (2000)
- On Gravity's role in Quantum State Reduction by Roger Penrose (1996)