Green Transformation and Development
Authors: Gu, Shuzhong, Xie, Meie, Zhang, Xinhua
- Provides an English guide to Chinese environmental policies
- Offers insights into the ways in which environmental mandates are enforced in China
- Explores the different ways that centralized planning can tackle climate change in a comprehensive way
Buy this book
- eBook n/a
- ISBN 978-981-329-495-0
- Digitally watermarked, DRM-free
- Included format:
- ebooks can be used on all reading devices
- Hardcover n/a
- ISBN 978-981-329-494-3
- Free shipping for individuals worldwide
- About this book
This book offers an insiders' view into Chinese plans for a green transformation of the economy of China. Analyzing the pressures, drive, and resistance to this green transformation in China, the book explores the key fields, from green finance and green banking to green consumption and green urbanization. Furthermore, it offers a guide on how government officials will be penalized or rewarded for their successful furtherance of green objectives. This book will be of interest to climate activists, China watchers, architects, and all those invested in a sustainable future.
- About the authors
Shuzhong Gu is currently deputy-director and researcher at the Institute of Resources and Environment Policies, China, and vice chairman of the Chinese Society of Agricultural Resources and Regional Planning. Gu has a research focus in resource economics, resource safety, resource management, and resource policy.
Meie Xie is currently an associate professor at Yunnan University of Finance and Economics, China, and postdoctoral fellow at the Institute of Geographic Sciences and Natural Resources Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences. Xie focuses on teaching and research in the fields of resource and ecological economics, regional economics, regional development, among others.
Xinhua Zhang is currently a lecturer of the Party Committee School of Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, China, and postdoctoral fellow at the of Institute of Geographic Sciences and Natural Resources Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences. Zhang focuses on research and teaching in the fields of resource economics, regional economics, among others.
Recommended for you
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- Green Transformation and Development
- Shuzhong Gu
- Meie Xie
- Xinhua Zhang
- Series Title
- The Great Transformation of China
- Palgrave Macmillan
- Copyright Holder
- The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd.
- eBook ISBN
- Hardcover ISBN
- Series ISSN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages
- XX, 350
- Number of Illustrations
- 31 b/w illustrations