Narrating China's Governance
Stories in Xi Jinping's Speeches
- Reveals how the Chinese government’s leaders elaborate on governance theories to their people and foreign friends via storytelling
- Collects a wealth of vivid and profound stories permeated by the wisdom and power of Chinese history
- Explicates Xi Jinping’s storytelling skills as a distinct feature of his leadership
- With an extensive introductory chapter that contextualizes the stories for a global readership
- Open access
Buy this book
- ISBN 978-981-329-178-2
- The ebook is not yet available online.
- Hardcover n/a
- ISBN 978-981-329-177-5
- Free shipping for individuals worldwide
- About this book
This open access book captures and elaborates on the skill of storytelling as one of the distinct leadership features of Xi Jinping, the General Secretary of the Communist Party of China and the President of the People’s Republic of China. It gathers the stories included in Xi’s speeches on various occasions, where they conveyed the essence of China’s history and culture, its reform and development, and the principles of China’s participating in global governance and cooperating with other countries to build a community of common destiny. The respective stories not only convey abstract and profound concepts of governance in comparatively straightforward language, but also create an immediate emotional connection between the narrator and the listener.
In addition to the original stories, extensive additional materials are provided to convey the original context in which each was told, including when and to whom Xi told it, helping readers attain a deeper, intuitive understanding of their relevance.
- About the authors
The People's Daily is the biggest newspaper group in China.
Recommended for you
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- Narrating China's Governance
- Book Subtitle
- Stories in Xi Jinping's Speeches
- Translated by
- Luo, J.
- Springer Singapore
- Copyright Holder
- People's Publishing House
- Distribution Rights
- No distribution right for Chinese Mainland
- eBook ISBN
- Hardcover ISBN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages
- XXV, 266
- Number of Illustrations
- 12 b/w illustrations, 1 illustrations in colour