Understanding China’s School Leadership
Interpreting the Terminology
Authors: Feng, Daming
- Outlines key terms reflecting the characteristics and uniqueness of China’s school leadership
- Provides readers with a holistic picture of China’s school leadership by understanding the real meaning of the terms
- Offers insights into school leadership context of China to researchers and graduate students in this field
- Enriches the knowledge base to analyse and interpret the phenomenon or research data regarding China's school leadership
- Open Access
Buy this book
- ISBN 978-981-15-0749-6
- The ebook is not yet available online.
- Hardcover n/a
- ISBN 978-981-15-0555-3
- Free shipping for individuals worldwide
- About this book
This open access book outlines key terms of China’s school leadership in Chinese political and legal, financial, administrative, and cultural contexts. It reveals and interprets the real meaning of these practical terms based on existing laws, government documents, school policy texts as well as the latest empirical findings from school leaders and teachers’ surveys and interviews in China. Providing a holistic picture of China’s school leadership through the unique meanings of these terms, the book offers researchers and graduate students insights into school leadership practice and its context in China. Thus, it would likely intensify readers’ knowledge base to analyse and interpret the phenomenon and research data regarding China’s school leadership.
- About the authors
Dr. Daming Feng is Professor of Educational Administration at the Faculty of Education, East China Normal University (ECNU). He is also a research fellow at the ECNU-based National Institute of Basic Education Reform & Development, Ministry of Education (MOE) and a senior research fellow at the Asia-Pacific Center for Leadership and Change, Hong Kong University of Education. He has served as a member of the Standing Committee of China National Academic Council for Educational Administration, as well as an expert for MOE National Key Teacher Training Programs and as the qualification reviewer for the Top-grade Teacher & Superfine Teacher, Shanghai Municipal Education Commission (SMEC).
He was formerly the Associate Chairperson of the Committee for Theory Study of National Association of Adult Education, the Deputy Director of the Training Department at the National Training Center for High School Principals of MOE, secretary general of the UNESCO-APEID Associated Center at ECNU, expert for the OECD-TALIS program at Shanghai, SMEC and Dean of the College for Continuing Education and Executive Director of the Center for Teacher Development at ECNU.
In the last decade, his books, chapters, and articles concerning educational leadership, management & administration in Chinese contexts, leadership for learning in China’s disadvantaged schools, CPD for K-12 teachers, and school leadership development have been published in China, the USA, the UK, New Zealand, and the Netherlands.
Recommended for you
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- Understanding China’s School Leadership
- Book Subtitle
- Interpreting the Terminology
- Daming Feng
- Springer Singapore
- Copyright Holder
- The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s)
- eBook ISBN
- Hardcover ISBN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages
- XVII, 287
- Number of Illustrations
- 5 b/w illustrations, 8 illustrations in colour